Leeton Region Local Services
Leeton Region ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Leeton Region site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Leeton Region Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Leeton Region When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Leeton Region Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Leeton Region Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Leeton Region ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Leeton Region and a Place to Meet
The leeton.nsw.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Leeton Region
Leeton is a vibrant regional town located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about the town and region:
- Leeton was established in 1912 as part of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Scheme, which aimed to support agriculture in the region by diverting water from the Murrumbidgee River. Today, Leeton is the hub of a diverse agricultural industry, producing crops such as rice, citrus fruits, grapes, and vegetables.
- The town takes its name from Charles Alfred Lee, the Minister for Public Works at the time of its founding. To this day, many of the town's streets are named after politicians who were involved in the creation of the irrigation scheme.
- Leeton is known for its distinctive Art Deco architecture, with many of its public buildings, shops, and homes featuring the sleek lines and bold shapes associated with the style. The Roxy Theatre, which opened in 1930 and was restored in the 1990s, is a particularly fine example of Art Deco design.
- The nearby town of Narrandera is home to the Tiger Moth Memorial, which honors the pilots who trained there during World War II. Many of these pilots went on to serve in the Royal Australian Air Force, and some went on to become commercial airline pilots.
- The area is also home to several indigenous sites, including the Nimmie-Caira Fish Traps. These unusual structures, which were constructed by the Wiradjuri people over 6,000 years ago, were used to catch fish in the Murrumbidgee River. Today, they serve as an important symbol of the region's indigenous heritage.
- Leeton is a popular destination for birdwatchers, thanks to its location in the heart of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area. The region is home to over 260 species of birds, including the rare Superb Parrot and the Regent Parrot.
- The area is also renowned for its agricultural innovation, with local farmers and researchers at the forefront of sustainable and efficient farming practices. This includes the use of precision agriculture technologies such as drones and sensors to help optimize crop yields and reduce water usage.
Whether you're interested in history, architecture, agriculture, or the natural world, Leeton and the surrounding region have plenty to offer. From the stunning Art Deco buildings of the town to the ancient fish traps along the river, there is always something new to discover.