Leeton Region Visitor Information
Welcome to Leeton
About the region
The Shire of Leeton is located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, about 550km southwest of Sydney. The shire covers an area of 16,219 square kilometres and has a population of around 12,000 people.
Things to Do
- Visit the Leeton Heritage Motor Inn
- Explore the Leeton Farmers' Market
- Take a hike in the Willandra National Park
- Check out the Roxy Community Theatre
There are a range of accommodation options in the Region, including:
- Leeton Heritage Motor Inn
- The Old Bank Boutique Hotel
- Country Roads Motor Inn
- Leeton Motel
The Leeton Region can be accessed by car, bus or train.
- By Car: From Sydney, take the Hume Highway and turn off at Cootamundra onto the Olympic Highway.
- By Bus: Greyhound and Murrays buses run services from Sydney to Griffith, which is about a 30 minute drive from Leeton.
- By Train: NSW TrainLink runs daily services from Sydney to Griffith, which is about a 30 minute drive from Leeton.
Leeton has a semi-arid climate with hot summers and cool winters. Average temperatures range from 32°C in summer to 14°C in winter.
The Leeton region is a wonderful place to explore, with great experiences to have. Towns with friendly locals, amazing local produce and wine that would make any foodie's experience unforgettable. Come and see what this beautiful region of Australia has to offer!